Rio Secco Golf Club
2851 Grand Hills Dr.
Henderson, NV 89052
Phone: (702) 777-2400
Fax: (702) 361-8134
We are excited to announce, coming May 2017, major course renovations and restoration to Rio Secco Golf Club.
When it opened in the fall of 1997, Rio Secco was Top 100 new course in America, and one of the best in Las Vegas. Our goal, on Rio Secco's 20th Anniversary, is restore the luster lost on this Vegas favorite. Rees Jones (original golf course designer) is part of the team orchestrating the $2M transformation.
Check back often for updates, and follow Rio Secco on Facebook for the latest information on the progress of the renovation.
WHAT'S BEING DONE?
- All putting surfaces are being replaced with new Dominant X-treme sod, with several of the green complexes being recontoured for increased playability and more enjoyment.
- All greenside bunkers will undergo major overhaul including new bunker sand throughout. Rees Jones' team will also be reconfiguring and modernizing select bunkers on more than 10 holes.
- The practice facilities are being upgraded and enhanced. The practice range will be lengthened and widened with a fresh natural hitting surface. Gone will be the existing artificial line from daily play. Also, a new putting green is going in near the snack bar facility, and closer to the first & tenth tees. Lastly, the existing chipping green will be recontoured with the addition of a practice bunker.
- New forward tee complexes are going in on select holes, to increase the enjoyment of the player who struggles with forced carries.
- Other relatively minor renovations include but are not limited to: sod replacements on approaches and green complexes with the goal of eradicating poa annua; cart path repair and replacement; desert landscape maintenance targeting trees and bush overgrowth.
- Minor and cosmetic projects in and around the clubhouse.
- Not considered renovations per se, but during the course closure, all service standards will be reviewed and refreshed where needed ensuring the customer service levels are improved as much and if not more than the golf course.